Call Today for a Free Case Evaluation 206-447-1425
An Injury Can Threaten Your FutureWe Will Do Whatever It TakesTo Get The Compensation You Deserve

Should I Call the Police After a Bicycle Accident?

Latest News

Some City, County and State police officers are overtly opposed to bicyclists in other cities, while other officers are real advocates for bicycling. The number of police officers who don’t know or don’t care about the laws of the road for cyclists is alarmingly high. You can’t pick the responding police officer as you can with a lawyer. You may or may not be interviewed by the officer in charge of the investigation into the accident. Your best personal injury lawyer, on the other hand, can conduct the interview on your behalf.

If you have suffered a head injury, yes. It is essential that you treat yourself for a head injury at a hospital to make sure that you get as much medical care as you need. You also need to document the incident in your report. Your report should include the following:

  • Names, addresses, and telephone numbers of the people involved in the accident.
  • Contact information for the police, including their badge numbers and names, and if applicable, their badge number, patrol area, division, and divisional report numbers, name, and badge number of the responding officer, and any eyewitness names and phone numbers.
  • Your name and phone number, as well as the name and badge number of the other person involved in the accident, or if there are more than two people involved, the names and badge numbers of each person.
  • Names of witnesses, and of vehicles involved, if they are able to provide this information.
  • Any medical treatment you received for your head injury, including dates and times of your doctor’s visits.
  • In your accident report, include the reason for the accident and the specific head injury that occurred. You should also include how you are doing, what your injuries are, and what caused your head injury.

What to Do After Your Accident?

If you’ve been involved in a bicycle accident, report the accident to police right away. If you’ve sustained a head injury, then you may need to report the accident to your doctor, and you might be going to visit the doctor weekly, or even monthly.

Report the accident to your doctor. Ask for an MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) and other tests to check for internal bleeding or other damages. Even if you don’t believe you’ve sustained any damage, you should be checked for internal damage.

Report the accident to your employer, employer’s insurance company, or workers compensation insurance.

Report the accident to the insurance company, or report your injury to the insurance company.

If you believe you were discriminated against, discriminated against because of race, gender, national origin, religion, or other protected classes, contact the Department of Justice.

File a claim with the Department of Justice and file a claim with the District Attorney’s office, or file a claim with the District Attorney’s office. The District Attorney’s office will provide you with all the information you need regarding what to do.

Contact a Washington top personal injury attorney. These attorneys specialize in bike accident cases.

Get your medical bills paid. Often the hospital is going to bill the treating medical staff for all your care. You will owe these providers for their services, and you may owe other expenses for diagnostic testing, medications, or for a hospital room. This is something you will owe your doctor, and something you may owe other providers or medical staff.

Contact your insurance company. Ask them to pay for your medical bills, and your future medical bills, and any damages to your bicycle. Your insurance company will not normally require a medical lien be placed against your bicycle. However, if the insurance company knows you sustained a head injury, they will require the placement of a lien.

Contact your workers compensation insurance company. Ask for a claim. Ask them to pay your medical bills and your future medical bills, and any damages to your bicycle.

Contact your disability insurance company. Ask for the lien be placed against your bicycle, if you are disabled.

You need to seek the assistance of the top personal injury lawyer who has a good experience in handling bicycle accident case. A lawyer must have a good experience in handling these kinds of cases, to be able to give you the assurance that you should look for.

If you have a query about your personal injury case that took place within Mountlake Terrace Washington, please reach us directly by calling our number at 206-447-1425.

Related Articles

All-Teen Driver Street Survival Skills Clinic

Read More

Good Lawyer for Car Accident Mountlake Terrace

Read More

How to Report an Unsafe Truck Driver

Read More