Personal injury law (also known as “tort” law) lets an injured person get compensation when someone else’s wrongful conduct (negligence or an intentional act) causes harm. There are a variety of situations that can give rise to a valid personal injury claim, but remember that an injury doesn’t automatically result in legal liability. Let’s look at some of the most common kinds of personal injury cases.
Personal Injury Attorney Mountlake Terrace
- Workplace accidents- If you slip or trip over something in your workplace, the workplace can be considered your workplace. It can be considered an unsafe environment if a coworker did something negligent (or an intentional act) so that you fell. Maybe it was raining, or distracted because of another coworker, or overloaded with equipment. You could slip and fall and hurt yourself. If you do, you can claim for personal injuries and losses.
- Auto accidents– You can claim for damages caused by an automobile accident. If you are rear ended, or hit by another person’s negligent act (like texting or talking on the phone), then you could claim. In some cases, the car accident can cause brain damage or a seizure, and these will give you a personal injury case against the driver who hit you, but you must be careful not to let this happen to you.
- Slips and trips– You can claim if you trip and fall (both intentional and unintentional), such as on uneven sidewalk, in an unmarked area, or in a place that is “unsafe”. If you do, you can claim for personal injuries and losses.
- Car accidents- If you are rear ended by another driver, or someone’s carelessness causes you to be hit by an oncoming car, you can claim. This must be something the other driver is supposed to have known about. If the car pulls into a side street or park in the left lane and you are in the other car’s blind spot, you can claim. You can also claim if the other driver causes you to suffer a broken bone or cut. Justin Elsner of Elsner Law Firm is one of the best lawyer in Mountlake for car accidents.
These are just a brief list of the four main types of personal injury cases, and there are many more. There are many times when you may get into an accident, and not know it. You can not sue anyone unless you have been into a car accident. You can sue at the hospital or at a parking lot if you get into an accident there.
An example of an accident may be an employer putting a fatality notice out about the hazards of drinking and driving, and it is in their interest to notify you. An example of an accident not being your fault may be an accident caused by someone else. This can be as simple as a defective piece of machinery that causes a crash, but could also be if a bus driver is driving recklessly and causes a crash.
As long as an event is not in your favor, you cannot claim. The problem is that all cases are not equal, and you are better off knowing the pros and cons of this type of personal injury case before you choose a lawyer. The pros are that these cases tend to settle fairly quickly, and are relatively low cost. The cons are that there are very specialized types of cases, and you may not be familiar with the law, and the personal injury lawyer may not provide the level of service you want. Choose only the top personal injury lawyer in Mountlake Terrace to help you win your case.
What are the “Major Types of Personal Injury Cases” in the Law?
- Rear End Collision Cases : When two vehicles come into contact at a stop, either because the vehicle stopped or because the vehicle that was stopped turned into the vehicle that was just stopped.
- Injuries from Impacts : When someone is in an automobile crash, whether it is due to the speed of the vehicle or the bumpiness of the car. There are a lot of cases where someone is injured from a rear impact.
- Slip and Fall Cases : When you fall off a balcony or something, that is not your fault. Your landlord would not let you sleep on the floor, so you slipped and fell.
- Medical Malpractice : Where the doctor or the nurse is negligent, and causes harm.
- Defective Products : The manufacturer of the product is liable, and will be liable if there is a safety defect or error in the product.
An example of a personal injury case where the victim is not liable is when the victim is in an accident while driving, or while walking. The victim has not paid for the loss of use.
What is an “Individual Injury Law Case”?
An “Individual Injury Law Case” is a case where you have injuries due to the negligence of a public servant, in which you seek damages. In most cases, those workers compensation cases, the workers would have work related injuries and illnesses. It could be a work related injury, such as a broken limb, or a medical condition, such as mesothelioma. In these cases, the workers’ compensation is denied, but in those cases, the victim has no recourse. There are a lot of people who could file a work related claim, but the insurance company is reluctant to pay. The victim is just stuck because they have to pay all the medical expenses and the medical bills from the doctors for the medical treatment of the work injury. In most of these cases, the victim just suffers from medical expenses and can not function normally in their work.
So as you can see, the case is very wide ranging, but the first thing you need to consider is your age. Everyone is different, and you need to consider the age of your person when the injury occurred. This is the case whether you are at fault or not. If you were a young person, then you may have a younger age of person. In many of these cases, the people that do not file the case are those who have been in a youthful state. The younger the people the younger the age it is, the more difficult it is to file the case. However, you will need to seek the advice of the top personal injury lawyer who has a good record in handling cases like this. In many cases, there are other people who can help you by providing the information about how to file the cases and what to look for. So you need to seek the assistance of the best personal injury lawyer who has a good experience in handling the case. A lawyer must have a good experience in handling these kinds of cases, to be able to give you the assurance that you should look for.
If you have a query about your personal injury case that took place within Mountlake Terrace Washington, please reach us directly by calling our number at 206-447-1425.